Bucky Wucky does have sponsors, and we may work with companies to provide you with the best content, information, and data on business and personal finance. Some links on our site may be affiliate links. While our sponsors may pay us, we only work with companies that align with Bucky Wucky’s values.
US Bank Review
The US Bank is a publicly-traded company that has been recognized over the past years for the quality of its management, ethical business practices, and social responsibility, among others.
The company received the 2020 World’s Most Ethical Company award offered by the Ethisphere Institute and was recognized as one of the 2020 DiversityINC Top 50 Companies for Diversity.
They employ a customer-centric approach that allows them to cater to a wide range of needs, offering diverse loans, accounts, and other services.
US Bank Review
US Bank Mortgage
US Bank Home Mortgage loans are incredibly flexible. There are different types available; fixed-rate loans are suitable for homebuyers who are long-term oriented, have at least 5% of the entire sum for the down payment, and would prefer a fixed interest rate for the entire period.
US Bank also has adjustable-rate home loans that can go up or down according to the market movements. This option also requires a 5% down payment.
FHA (Federal Housing Administration) loans are suitable for applicants with limited funds for the down payment. This option is also more flexible in terms of credit history and other past financial challenges.
The US bank offers VA loans with low or no down payment, flexible requirements, and no insurance requirements for veterans. This is available for military members, veterans, or the surviving spouse of someone who died because of military service.
Other mortgage options include:
- Jumbo loans for costly properties (more than $548,250) and can be either fixed-rate or adjustable-rate
- Investment property loans for second homes or financing a rental property, i.e., you want to become a landlord
- New construction loans for building your own home or buying a lot
The US Bank mortgage rates depend on your specific circumstances and needs.
At the time of the writing, the mortgage rates are as follows:
- 2.99% rate and 3.058% APR for 30 years (fixed rates)
- 2.875% rate and 2.971% APR for 20 years (fixed rates)
- 4.250% rate and 3.803% APR for 10 years (adjustable rates)
- 3.750% rate and 3.249% APR for 5 years (adjustable rate)
These rates are based on several assumptions, with APR being the loan’s actual cost apart from the interest rate paid to the lender.
The final rate depends on the loan amount, property value, credit history, geographic location, and many more.
US Bank Credit Card
The bank offers a broad range of credit cards with different bonuses and rewards. The main products include:
- Altitude Go Visa Signature Card. It has no annual fee and 0% introductory APR rate on balance transfers and purchases for the first year. It has a bonus worth $200 if you spend $1,000 within the first three months after opening your account. Additionally, you earn reward points for food delivery, takeout, dining, grocery delivery, among others, and $15 credit for annual streaming services, including Netflix.
- Cash+ Visa Signature comes with no annual fee and with a welcome bonus of $500 if you spend $500 on eligible products during the first three months of opening the account. It also has a 0% APR for the first year, and there is up to 5% cashback on a maximum of $2,000 spent on eligible purchases from two categories you can choose.
- Visa Platinum Card with 0% introductory APR for the first 20 months and no annual fee.
- Altitude Reserve Visa Infinite Card has a $750-worth welcome bonus that can be spent on traveling; this can be accessed by spending $4,500 in the first three months of opening your account. There are also numerous travel-related perks, including reward points for eligible expenses.
- Secured Visa Card has a $0 annual fee and has no offers or rewards, but you can build your credit history or re-establish it to access better credit cards.
Credit cards come with risks and potential rates and fees. Make sure you check the bank’s terms and conditions before applying for a credit card.
US Bank Checking Account
If you are looking for basic services, the Easy Checking account covers all the necessities. When you open it, you automatically receive the US Bank debit card, online banking, bill payment methods, and many more. The monthly maintenance fee is up to $6.95, but it can be waived under certain circumstances.
The Gold Checking account has a monthly maintenance fee of $14.95, which can be waived if you also have a credit card, personal line, or mortgage with the bank. Some of its benefits include no transaction fees when using US Bank ATMs, no fees for overdraft protection, US Bank debit card, and all the other perks of an Easy Checking account.
The US bank has other checking accounts that come with a debit card and different perks. Platinum checking is for top-tier customers and comes with an interest-bearing account, no fees for paper statements, and personal check discounts, among others. There is also a free-of-charge student account and a safe debit account with no overdraft fees.
Refinance with US Bank
If you are looking to refinance with the US bank, there are numerous options available. Depending on your needs, they can help you decrease the monthly payments, shorten your repayment term, and others. Apart from traditional refinancing, their services are also available for VA, FHA loans, and mortgage loans.
US Bank Online Banking
Digital banking is exceptionally convenient and secure. All transactions can be done online, including bill payments, fund transfers, control the access to your account, and more.
If you have any questions, the US Bank customer service team can be contacted at 800-872-2657 24 hours a day.
Is US Bank Open on Saturday?
The US Bank’s branches have regular operating hours during the week, from 9 A.M. to 5 P.M. (ET). Depending on the branch location, they might be open for business during the weekend. You can locate and check your branch’s working hours by accessing the US Bank website.
Summary: US Bank Review
All in all, US Bank provides a plethora of financial products and services. Regardless of your needs, their friendly customer service team and assistants may be able to help you improve your situation. All you need to do is browse their offerings or contact the bank representative for a more personal experience.
Take A Look At The US Bank Website
Have a look at their products and decided if this bank is a good fit for your needs
Thanks for reading our US Bank review.
You might also like: How to get out of credit card debt.