Bucky Wucky does have sponsors, and we may work with companies to provide you with the best content, information, and data on business and personal finance. Some links on our site may be affiliate links. While our sponsors may pay us, we only work with companies that align with Bucky Wucky’s values.
If the thought of buying insurance stresses you out, you’re not alone. Whether you’re shopping for auto, home, or life insurance, there are so many different types of coverage and rates that it can be utterly confusing. It is difficult to know whether you purchased enough coverage or whether or not you paid a good price for it.
Fortunately, there are more tools than ever to help you make the best choices when it comes to insurance. One of the internet platforms that people increasingly turn to for insurance information is Policygenius. Here is an overview of this platform, so you can determine whether or not it would be useful when you are looking for the best deals in insurance that are out there.
Onto our Policygenius review!
What is Policygenius?
Policygenius is an online insurance broker. It is not aligned with any one single insurance company. Instead, it helps its users find the best possible insurance coverage for their personal situations.
You can also use Policygenius as a comparison tool to look at the rates insurance companies charge for comparable types of insurance and coverage.
The platform allows you to shop for a broad array of insurance coverage, including homeowner’s renters, automobile, health, disability, travel, and even pet insurance.
Policygenius offers comparison insurance quotes for the following:
- Life Insurance
- Auto Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- Renters Insurance
- Homeowners Insurance
- Pet Insurance
- Insurance Checkup
- Health Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Long Term Care Insurance
- Prescription Discount Cards
- Jewelry Insurance
- Identity Theft Insurance
- Travel Insurance
Policygenius Life Insurance
Policygenius allows you to shop and compare life insurance quotes.
|LIFE INSURANCE FEATURE||TERM LIFE INSURANCE||WHOLE LIFE INSURANCE||UNIVERSAL LIFE INSURANCE|
|Does it expire?||Yes||No||No|
|Does it have a cash value?||No||Yes||Yes|
|Average Monthly Cost||$25-35||5-15x more than term||Varies; similar to whole|
Policygenius Car Insurance
Car insurance is essential as it covers your posts if you have an accident or injury someone or damage property.
Types of car insurance coverage:
- Bodily injury liability
- Property damage liability
- Personal injury protection
- Uninsured/underinsured motorist
Policygenius Homeowners Insurance
The following factors determine your costs:
- Where it’s located
- How old it is
- What it is made from
Your credit score:
- Those with a low credit score are statistically more likely to file insurance claims
Your claims history:
- Your insurance will be higher if you have made insurance claims in the past, or your home has a history of structural damage or loss
The more protection. you require, the higher your rates will be
Is Policygenius Reputable?
Is Policygenius safe to use? Yes, Policygenius is a safe and reputable insurance marketplace with a good reputation online.
How Does Policygenius Work?
Policygenius is easy to use and it is 100 percent free for its subscribers. The platform makes its money as a “pass-through” site; when users travel to an insurance website from Policygenius, the site earns revenue for the referral. You simply create an account on the site, which only takes a few minutes.
Once you have an account, you can do several different things on Policygenius. You can do research about different types of insurance and policies, so you can determine whether or not you need a certain type of coverage. You can also use the site to prepare a will as well, a very useful application you should check out if you’ve never done any estate planning before.
However, the bread and butter of the Policygenius is its capacity to let you shop wisely for insurance. You can input the type of coverage you’re looking for, and the site, after asking a few questions, will provide you summaries of comparable insurance policies and estimate quotes for the coverage. You can use that information to compare the different policies. Once you decide upon a policy, you can travel to the insurance company’s site directly through Policygenius, and if satisfied, purchase the policy there.
Policygenius Customer Service
If you have a question about Policygenius or any of the services it provides, there are three ways to contact their team:
- Phone. Policygenius can be reached 7 days a week from 9 am to 9 pm Eastern at
- Email. You can also email the platform at [email protected]
- Online Chat. Policygenius has a live chat function built into its platform that allows you to talk to a customer service representative right within the website.
Policygenius has a rating of 4.9 stars on Trustpilot with over 1,600 reviews, which is excellent. Of those reviews, 94 percent of them are excellent, while less than one percent of them are bad. Additionally, the platform has been accredited with the Better Business Bureau since 2014 and carries an “A-“ rating with the BBB.
The next section of our Policygenius review looks at the pros and cons.
Policygenius Pros and Cons
Here are some of the key pros and cons for Policygenius you should consider:
- Free. Policygenius won’t cost you anything to use at all. It makes all of its money by referring its users to insurance companies, where they may end up buying policies. So, you can compare insurance policies and rates as much as you want for free.
- Easy to Use. You will save yourself a lot of time and energy by using Policygenius to search for and compare different types of insurance. The site is intuitive and simple to use, and you’ll be able to hunt for and then compare different insurance coverage and rates way faster than you ever could on your own.
- Powerful Supplementary Tools. Beyond searching for affordable insurance coverage, the additional tools Policygenius offers, like support for preparing wills, are extremely useful and a great starting point for anyone attempting to conduct long term financial planning.
- Limited View. While Policygenius will let you compare a wide range of comparable insurance policies, you won’t see all of the options out there. The net that Policygenius casts does not pull every single available option into the comparison table. So, you could miss out on a good insurance deal because Policygenius didn’t link to it.
- Slow Search Load Times. Some searches, particularly for a niche type of insurance, can take time to build and load on the Policygenius platform. You may have to wait a few minutes if you’re attempting to compare rates on a type of insurance that is a bit outside of the norm.
There are several different alternatives to Policygenius. Here are some of the top insurance comparison platforms that are out there:
All of these alternatives to Policygenius are different, and some specialize in certain types of insurance. They are all worth checking out, though.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is Policygenius legit?
Is Policygenius legitimate? Yes, Policygenius is a legitimate insurance matchmaking service offering one of the best insurance comparison tools around.
Compare Insurance Quotes With Policygenius: A Great Tool to Start with
If you’re on the hunt for affordable insurance, the comprehensive Policygenius is a great place to start. It is one of the most effective insurance comparison tools out there, and the additional tools it offers can put you on better financial footing as well. So, check out Policygenius today and find the insurance coverage you need.
Get Your Free Insurance Quote
Compare quotes side by side
Thanks for reading our Policygenius review.
You may also be interested in Compare Auto Insurance Quotes.