Bucky Wucky does have sponsors, and we may work with companies to provide you with the best content, information, and data on business and personal finance. Some links on our site may be affiliate links. While our sponsors may pay us, we only work with companies that align with Bucky Wucky’s values.
Taking on too much debt is something that has become very common in today’s society, especially in the wake of the pandemic, where many of us have had to rely on credit cards more than we would like to. In fact, it is estimated that there are about 8 in 10 Americans are holding onto some form of debt. This debt comes primarily in the form of credit cards, student loans, and tax debts. As of right now, the average personal debt of over $90,000 among Americans.
This is a burden that is felt by so many people in the United States. It has become particularly acute in the past year when millions of people became unemployed and were having trouble keeping up with all of their debt payments. Fortunately, there are many companies that have set out on the mission to help others speed up the process of eliminating debt out of their lives. Curadebt is one of the top companies when it comes to debt settlement. They have been around since the year 2000 and have made an impact on many households.
Curadebt specializes in something called a debt settlement. The idea of a debt settlement is to make it so that the debt holder pays off their debt with an amount of money that is significantly less than that of their current balance. It is essentially making the debt payments cheaper. Let’s take a closer look at Curadebt and see if it is a good fit for your personal financial situation.
Onto our Curadebt review!
How Does Curadebt Work?
The end goal of a debt settlement is to pay off the debt with a lump sum payment and negotiate it down so that the payment is less than what the debt was originally owed. For example, if you have $100,000 of debt and you manage to accumulate $75,000 in a savings account specifically tailored towards that debt, then the debt collectors may accept that $75,000 lump sum payment and call it even.
This means that when you start working with Curadebt, you’d be able to stop making payments on the unsecured debt that you owe. From there you’d put that money that you would be paying your debt off with and place it in a savings account that is specifically tailored towards paying that lump sum payment.
Once you have accumulated a certain amount of money in that savings account, Curadebt will contact your debt collectors and negotiate your overall debt cost down to the amount that is saved up so you can pay the lump sum and then be out of debt.
This is a process that can have a huge benefit for you and your family, especially if you are carrying a mass of debt that at the moment seems insurmountable. Curadebt has managed to help families get out of debt even when they thought would be carrying debt for life. Every person’s financial situation is going to be different though, so Curadebt offers a free consultation to go over the specific circumstances that you are in and what the best plan for you will be to address your debts.
How Much Does It Cost?
The good news for you is that Curadebt only charges a fee if and when there is a debt that is settled. So, you are only going to pay their fee when you see results, and nothing is paid upfront. Their fee is 20% of each settled debt. 20% can seem like a high price but if you look at the bigger picture and see how much you would have spent on the debt as a whole – especially taking interest and fees into consideration – you are still saving money even with their fee.
The price range for this service falls in line with their competitors. The industry average for debt settlements are fees of about 15%-25% with the average fee charged by Curadebt being 20%. Depending on your specific situation this could be a little more or a little less but all in all, Curadebt offers fees that are competitive with the rest of the industry.
In addition to cost, there is a time factor that comes into this. How long it will take to pay off your debt will be contingent on how much debt you are currently holding. Although, Curadebt claims that the average span of time that their clients take is about 24-48 months. Depending on your situation, this could be much quicker and cheaper than paying it off the traditional way.
Read on for more of our Curadebt review.
How To Qualify
There are essentially three qualifications necessary in order to do business with Curadebt. All you need in order to qualify for a debt solution is:
- Be a minimum age of 21
- Have more than $10,000 in unsecured debt
- Have a sustainable income that can be verified
These qualifications are pretty consistent across the board and most adults can meet all three of these qualifications. If you have under $10,000 of unsecured debt, then you will not be able to do business with Curadebt as it is not an amount that is worth it for them to charge fees on.
While this makes sense from Curadebt’s standpoint, it also makes sense to consumers with that level of debt; rather than contacting a debt settlement service, borrowers with less than $10,000 in debt would be better served by paying more on their balance or consolidating that debt to streamline payments and reduce interest.
Reputation In The Marketplace – Avoiding Scammers
Is Curadebt legitimate? Unfortunately, there are a lot of scams out there that purport to be in the debt settlement industry, but in reality, just rip consumers off in true predatory fashion. Fortunately, Curadebt is not one of those scam websites. Instead, they are a legit company that has over twenty years of experience in the industry.
Whenever you are looking to buy into any sort of financial product it is very important that you do a background check to ensure that the company is going to offer a legitimate service.
The best way to look out for scammers is through the Federal Trade Commission, as they post updates that warn people about companies that can potentially be scams.
Curadebt has never had any major issues regarding its support to clients. They have no past or current investigations with the Federal Trade Commission, nor have they been complained about to the CFPB. This reinforces the fact that Curadebt is a solid company that offers services that are truly in the best interest of its customers.
RELATED: National Debt Relief
Amount Of Relief Possible
Due to the fact that no two financial situations are exactly the same, there are no true packages offered stating how much you are going to save, or how much the debt settlement process will cost with Curadebt. Some creditors may be more forgiving than others. There are going to be some things that are factored in when determining how much you are going to be able to save.
So, since there are no two situations that are alike, Curadebt does not advertise any of the average costs or savings that you can expect. However, they do publish some case studies of past clients that have worked with them. These files show that there are cases in which some people have saved anywhere from 50%-80% using Curadebt.
This is not to say that you are automatically going to be able to save 50%. There are many factors that come into this and you can find yourself saving less than that. When they are determining how much you are going to be able to save, always remember that you are going to have to pay 20% in fees to Curadebt.
This would mean if that they can get you to save 50% on your debt you are ultimately going to be saving 30% overall because of that fee, which is still some great savings especially if you have a high level of debt.
You should also keep in mind that it is possible that your creditors will not accept any of the terms Curadebt has to offer to settle your debts, and you will have to pay them off in total anyway.
As of right now, this company does not have an app. This is certainly something that could benefit the customer experience in the future but for now, Curadebt is solely a web-based platform. With that being said, there is a phone number – 1-877-850-3328 – that you can contact in order to speak with a representative. On top of that, there is also email-based customer service where you can send messages containing questions that you may have.
If you are looking to give Curadebt a call, they have office hours open from 9 am to 8 pm EST from Monday-Friday. They also offer some Saturday hours from 10 am to 3 pm but they do not have any offices open on Sundays. Curadebt takes pride in making sure that you are being connected with a real human as opposed to a robot picking up the phone. When you call you will be speaking with an industry expert that has solved many cases similar to yours.
- Curadebt phone number: 1-877-850-3328
What Types Of Debt Are Covered?
There are many different kinds of debt that adults acquire over the span of their lifetime, some are less forgivable than others. There are many companies that do debt solutions that are only offering solutions for a few different kinds of debt. Curadebt offers a wide variety of debt solutions spanning many different kinds of debt. Here are the debts that they cover.
- Credit card debt: Credit card debt is the most commonly held debt in the United States. There are many people who have outstanding balances on their credit cards that they are worried about being able to pay off on their own. With that in mind, Curadebt offers solutions to paying off your credit card debt. This can either be done with some of the mainstream credit card companies or even a select few of the privately held credit cards.
- Medical Bills: Having an unexpected visit to the hospital can be very costly which will ultimately put you in debt. To put it into perspective, an ambulance ride-along can run you around $1,000 depending on where you are in the country. Then, add a whole slew of other medical expenses on top of that and you can be sitting in some pretty serious debt after a medical emergency. Curadebt helps people who have experienced something like this and need to find a way to pay off the debt that they owe the hospital.
- Private Student Loans: Unfortunately, student loans that were obtained federally are not eligible for any form of debt solutions. If you have private student loans, however, you are eligible to work with Curadebt. This can have you paying significantly less than what you thought you were going to pay for college.
- Personal Loans: If you took out a personal loan, you are also eligible to have Curadebt assist you in paying it off for cheaper than you originally intended. This could even work for lines of credit that were obtained through a bank or similar financial institution.
- Tax Debts: Curadebt has a team of tax counselors that can give you professional assistance in paying tax debts that are past due. They even have people who could help you pay back the IRS.
It is important to note that there are many different kinds of debts that Curadebt can help you with. Though there are some debts that are not eligible to be covered. As mentioned above, federal student loans do not qualify for any form of debt solution. Likewise, mortgages and auto loans cannot be assisted by Curadebt.
This is due to the policy that there are no solutions to be given out for loans that were made to purchase physical items, like a car or a home.
More with our Curadebt review below.
Curadebt Pros and Cons
Our Curadebt review has revealed the company offers some great advantages, but it may not be right for everybody. Here are the top pros and cons you should consider with this platform.
Here are some of the reasons you may want to check out the Curadebt platform today.
- Powerful Features in an easy-to-use platform. Curadebt has many great features and offers quality services to those who do business with them. It is also quite easy to use, and simple to establish an account and get started with the debt settlement process.
- You will pay no upfront fees when working with Curadebt. The consultation is free, and you will not pay anything if they cannot settle your debt. This is great because there is no way to dig your hole any deeper.
- This company is highly rated online. Most of the people who took the time to post reviews to websites like the Better Business Bureau and Trustpilot have rated this company as an excellent service that they would recommend to others.
- Curadebt offers assistance in negotiating tax debts and other unsecured debts. Some of the companies that offer debt solutions only offer it for a certain kind of debt. Curadebt took it upon themselves to offer help for a broad spectrum of debt so that they can help more people.
- Free consultation to get you started. This no-obligation meeting can help you assess your current situation and what the best plan of action will be to get you out of that debt. From there you could make a decision as to whether or not you would like to do business with Curadebt.
While Curadebt has many great features and offers a great service to consumers, there are going to be a couple of things that need improvement. Here are the main issues that seem to be faced when working with Curadebt.
- Does not hold formal accreditation with the Better Business Bureau. This one is not the end of the world due to the fact that they have many excellent reviews on the Better Business Bureau. They have just not been accredited with the organization which doesn’t mean that they are a scam company. It would, however, be beneficial for their company if they can acquire that accreditation.
- There is no mobile app offered. Mobile apps are very important for getting the attention of customers in this day in age. Customers seem to find it easier to be able to have a nice app that walks them through the process. Hopefully, this is something that Curadebt can jump on in the future but for now, there is no mobile app offered by the company.
Reviews for Curadebt are overall very good. They have a score of 4.9/5 with the Better Business Bureau (BBB) which is excellent, a score of 4.2/5 on Trustpilot which is considered great, and an excellent rating of 4.5 stars out of 5 on Yelp. Most of the Curadebt complaints are about fee discrepancies of which Curadebt promptly either refunded or absorbed.
Curadebt customer reviews:
- Curadebt BBB rating: 4.9/5
- Curadebt Trustpilot rating: 4.2/5
- Curadebt reviews Yelp: 4.5/5
Curadebt has some competitors, and it is always a great idea to shop around when you are making purchases, especially when it comes to your personal finances. Curadebt is a great company that offers great services but there are other companies out there offering similar services that may make more sense for you to do business with because of your unique situation. With that being said, here are some of the other great companies out there that can help you with debt solutions.
1. Accredited Debt Relief
This company offers very similar solutions to Curadebt and has been among the top-rated debt solution providers. Working with this company will require that you have a debt of at least $7,500 which is less than the minimum debt of Curadebt. This is good for you if you aren’t quite at $10,000 in debt and would still like to get a debt solution.
There is also no credit check required in order to do business with Accredited Debt Relief which is great for anyone who may be concerned with their current credit score.
2. Consolidated Credit
Consolidated Credit is one of the powerhouses in the debt solution industry. They have been around for a long time and have helped over 5 million people put themselves in a better situation financially by solving some of their debt issues.
They also go far beyond just debt solutions. They offer consulting services like budget assistance, financial advice, home purchasing counseling, and much more. They want families to be comfortable financially and it really shows in the work that they do. On top of all that, they also don’t require a credit check in order to work with their products.
3. In Charge
This is a debt solution service that is great for those with relatively low debt. They work primarily with people who have debt ranging from $3,000 to $7,000 which is ultimately lower than the minimum debt that many of these companies require.
This company works as a non-profit that also provides a line of educational products based around finance as well as some consulting packages. Just like Consolidated Credit, In Charge has been in the industry for a long time and has assisted over 3 million people to grow into better financial situations.
4. Credit Guard
Credit Guard is another company that focuses primarily on people who have relatively low debt. Just like In Charge, they typically work with clients who are in debt ranging from $3,000 to $7,000. This can be of great benefit to you if you find yourself in that position, so you don’t continue digging that debt hole closer to five figures.
This is also a nonprofit company that works in 48 of the states in the United States. Something interesting about this company is that they have almost no negative reviews as noted in the Better Business Bureau. This is an excellent sign for anyone who may be looking into doing business with them as they seem to always satisfy their clients.
Curadebt Review Final Thoughts
Is Curadebt a good company? Curadebt is a company that has set out on the mission to bring people out of debt and into a better financial situation. The debt settlement services that Curadebt offers can be a powerful tool for helping people who are hopelessly mired in debt find a way to become debt-free forever. However, debt settlement doesn’t work all the time and depending on your situation, it may not even be available to you. So, take some time to look at Curadebt, and see if it could be helpful for your personal financial situation as soon as you can.
Get In Touch With Curadebt
Talk to a Curadebt specialist about your current situation
Thanks for reading our Curadebt review.
You might also like our Public App review.